Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SACRIFICE!

For Lent this year I gave up two things with two different people. I thought it important to give something up for Lent, seeing as how I am such a devout catholic...well I have a catholic-raised boyfriend. So same thing, right?
Anyway, my boyfriend and I gave up swearing. It's d*** hard. I don't swear that much, but it's enough that it's been pretty hard these past few weeks. The first week was so hard that we started tallying swears and made a bet: if he swears fewer than or equal to 25 times he gets a prize from me (heaven help me figure out what the surprise should be) and if he swears more than 25 times I get breakfast in bed for seven days. As of right now he has 23 swears and more than two weeks to go. I'm hoping for that last three so that I don't have to come up with a great prize. Plus, who doesn't love breakfast in bed? I swear you're full for the whole rest of the day after.
The second thing I gave up was with my roommate Amanda. We have a difficult time keeping our tiny bedroom tidy. It's so small we have bunk beds, and barely adequate space. (Yeah, I'm a twenty year old person sleeping on the bottom of a bunk bed. And it's the bottom because I'm too afraid of heights to sleep four feet off the ground. Whatever). Anyway, our bedroom is a riotous mess, our bathroom a germ haven and our cars explosions of filth. So we gave up slovenliness, at least in our bedroom. And we're doing pretty good. Right now there are two pairs of shoes, slippers, a coat, two notebooks, a coat and a pair of pants on the floor and neither of our beds are made. We're proud. We've come miles from where we were. Plus it's spring break (WOO!) so we get a bit of a break.

1 comment:

  1. Reilly! You are hilarious and I miss you lots! We need to hang out soon. Somehow. Anyway, this post is hilarious. Way to sacrifice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers